Image of the Week
This week, Apple is rumored to enter the healthcare market, medical conspiracy theories without any data, Google wants your DNA sequences in the cloud for scientific discovery but didn’t get the flu predictions right, CMS proposes releasing more Medicare Part D data for research, and 2014: year of the wearable device?
Bits and Bytes
- The New York Genome Center and IBM Watson Group Announce Collaboration to Advance Genomic Medicine
- We’re a nation of medical conspiracy nuts
- With Healthbook, Apple Asserts Itself as the Platform for Digital Health
- Google Flu overestimated cases by 50% in 2012
- Is 2014 the year of the wearable device?
- CMS proposes releasing more Medicare Part D data for research
|MIWC 2014||April 28-29, 2014||Medical Informatics World Conference||Boston, MA|
|BDM 2014||May 21-23 2014||Big Data in Biomedicine Conference||Stanford, CA|
|ASE BDS 2014||May 27-31, 2014||Second ASE International Conference on Big Data Science and Computing||Stanford, CA|
|HCI-KDD@AMT 2014||August 11, 2014||Special Session on Advanced Methods in Interactive Data Mining for Personalized Medicine||Warsaw, Poland|
|BigR&I 2014||August 27-29, 2014||International Symposium on Big Data Research and Innovation||Barcelona, Spain|
|ICHI 2014||September 15-17, 2014||IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics||Verona, Italy|